ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT (Harvard Club of Pakistan)
Section 2 of Article V of the bylaws of Harvard Club of Pakistan requires that every year the Executive Committee of the Club shall cause to hold the elections of the Executive Committee of the Club for the forthcoming year. The new Executive Committee shall take office on July 1.
To cause the conduct of elections the current Executive Committee has appointed Syed Nooman Naqvi (email@example.com), an alumnus of Harvard who handled the last year’s elections also, as the Election Commissioner for Election 2014.
The EC resolved to hold the Election 2014 per the following schedule:
- Announce the elections on Wednesday, June 11th.
- Nominations to be filed starting now and end on Tuesday, June 17th.
- Sharing candidate list and motivation statements through email Thursday, June 19th.
- Voting to start on Thursday June 21th and end on Saturday June 28th.
- Election result announced on Sunday, June 29th.
- New Cabinet to take office July 1st.
(All closing times are 23:59 GMT on the given day Pakistan time)
The positions open for election are:
- Vice President, Schools
- Vice President, Activities
- Director, Islamabad Chapter
- Director, Lahore Chapter
- Director, Karachi Chapter
Note: President of the club must possess a degree awarded by Harvard University.
- One person can stand for one position only. Seeking election to multiple offices shall render such member ineligible for all positions.
- If you seek to change the office that you seek to be elected you can do so by withdrawing your name from the earlier position and file your name for the new one before the deadline for filing interests.
All the members who are interested to get elected to various offices shall email their nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 23:59 on June 17. Such interested persons shall also file their motivation statement stating as to what motivated to get elected to the Club office and what would be his/her plan during the term (next one year) to make the club more robust. Such statement shall be between 120 to 150 words. Statement longer than 150 words will be truncated to meet the criterion.
I encourage you all to participate in the election and request the youngsters to come forward to make the Club a robust fraternal activity center.
Harvard Club of Pakistan